Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes (2009)

In a dynamic new portrayal of Arthur Conan Doyle’s most famous characters, Sherlock Holmes sends Holmes and his stalwart partner Watson on their latest challenge. Revealing fighting skills as lethal as his legendary intellect, Holmes will battle as never before to bring down a new nemesis and unravel a deadly plot that could destroy the country.


This film won't be seen in theatres until December 25th but they've released some pics for our amusement. I can't believe that the actor shown on the left playing the villainous Lord Blackwood is the same actor that has portrayed an Austen hero. He seems to be cast in darker roles. Do you recognize him?
On the right is Sherlock (Robert Downey Jr.)


Jude Law (Holmes) with Sherlock

with Irene Adler (Rachel McAdams)

Eddie Marsan (Lestrade)

Kelly Reilly




Director Guy Ritchie speaking of Rachel McAdams...
Sherlock has never been one for female companionship. Save for one woman: the one who managed to outwit him. "I met with every young Hollywood actress in Hollywood," says Ritchie of his search for a perfect match for Downey's on-screen energy. "She has the chops to keep up with him."


7 comments:

  1. This movie makes me want to scream. Once again, they are "romanticizing" Sherlock Holmes. And if the leaked script is any indication, tossing him into bed with Irene Adler.


    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH.

    *beats head against wall*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you're so frustrated! I'm not that familiar with the story of Sherlock Holmes and I like Robert Downey Jr. so it has me curious. Taking liberty with plots of novels seems to be commonplace these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I had no idea that was Mark Strong in Emma, until I read this post. I always think of him as Archie from RocknRolla or the bad brother in Stardust, not the Austen type. Anyway, thanks for posting these pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing Sherlock Holmes when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, thanks for posting them. I really like Robert Downey Jr and look forward to seeing his take on Holmes, although to be honest the fact that Guy Ritchie is the director makes me a little nervous, as some of his recent movies haven't done too well. However, with a cast like this, surely this one should be something special. I've recently seen Mark Strong doing a magnificent take as a baddie in 'The Young Victoria'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie, I haven't seen Stardust yet! From what I've heard, I'm guessing that it's one worth checking out!

    Judy, I'm dying to see Young Victoria! Not sure when it will be played here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say Jeremy Brett is still the quintessential Sherlock Holmes. He was so sexy. I became a fan through the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, and went on to watch many other films he starred in. He has a huge following today, depsite having died in 1995. Check him out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of Jeremy but just watched a clip of him with Joanna David in Rebecca. He reminds me of Pierce Brosnan :)

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts