Amanda Grange

What's on your bookshelf?

I'm thinking of finally checking out one of Amanda Grange's diaries about the gallant men of Jane Austen. The reviews seem to be positive and I typically don't like reading paraliterature but I've been considering diving into one of her books. (Wentworth has piqued my curiosity.)

Laurel Ann at
Austenprose mentioned books that are coming out and has renewed my interest in Grange's books! The books shown below have all been published except for Colonel Brandon's diary which will be out in July.

Read interview with Amanda here...



























more Austen related
books here...

3 comments:

  1. Someone gave me Mr. Knightley's Diary for my birthday last year and I didn't think it was that bad. Actually, it was kind of interesting seeing the well-known story from someone else's point of view. I've since read Darcy's, Wentworth's and Bertram's. I thought Knightley's and Wentworth's were the best. Bertram's just dragged on and on, but I may have felt that way mostly because I'm not a huge Mansfield Park fan. I'll read Colonel Brandon's when it comes out and if she ever does a diary for Henry Tilney I'd certainly check that out as well.

    I'm not really a fan of funky spinoff stuff either. In fact, I've refused to read pretty much all of it. But in Amanda Grange's defense I'll say that by writing in the form of a diary and using male characters to tell the story she avoids comparison with Jane Austen's writing style, which I think is the downfall of most of this genre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said Mandy... I look forward to reading Colonel Brandon's when it comes out too, and hopefully Henry Tilney's...he's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, if you've read more than one I'm assuming they were entertaining enough...thanks for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts