Pride & Prejudice - Marvel Comics

My curiosity got the better of me and I picked up a copy of the 1st of 5 special issues of P&P put out by Marvel Comics. It seems to stay true to the original text so it's not poking fun in any way but simply representing the much beloved classic with illustrations and balloon text. I don't know what I was expecting but I did think there would be more pages in the issue so I was left feeling, "is this it?" I suppose if you are a fan of comics, go ahead but otherwise, you might not be as diverted as you hoped.


This pic of Darcy reminded me of Elliot Cowan from Lost in Austen...
A pair of fine eyes...

Brooding enough for you?

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Good stuff! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort* I will be on the look out for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feelsorry to say this, but I hated all the images I saw, especially this ne: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PDToO2AlGVQ/ScIReBfOXyI/AAAAAAAAGIQ/jwckIHmWWHk/s1600-h/eca3.jpg The guy drawing P&P does not know how to portrait teenagers and had not read the book. I'll not buy this one.

    More samples here: http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.7021.FIRST_LOOK~colon~_Pride_%26_Prejudice_%231

    ReplyDelete
  4. The comic is so cool and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Jane fan I feel that I ought to purchase this comic, as a purist I shudder at the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The style of the images don't appeal to me at all, but that's probably just because I'm not really into comics. I don't think I'll be buying a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comics are a lot of fun in their own way - in portraying stories of superheros and heroines and villians - but stories that are set in regency period, and based on Jane??? Hmmm....not so sure about that one.

    Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts