McCord Museum

I just discovered the website of the McCord Museum, thanks to Ribbons of Light. They have some fun interactive games that test your knowledge of history.

The favourite seems to be The Victorian Quiz
with amusing Victorian "speak"


Mind Your Manners
Test your knowledge of the appropriate conduct for men and women with different eras:

The Victorian Quiz ....OR.....The Roaring Twenties


Watch the Birdie
How did a 19th-century photography studio work?


Mix and Match

Women's Fashions (for each decade of 19th century)
High Fashion (beginner)
High Fashion (expert)


Period Pieces
(identify objects that belong to each era)
The Missing Link
What Time Will Tell
(see photographs of Montreal taken 100 years apart)
I found these shots to be interesting especially as I'm headed to Montreal soon :)



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I haven't had time to look at any of the other games/quizzes on the site - I'll have to check them out sometime.

    BTW - thanks for following my blog! ;-)

    ~Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Elise! and thanks for the distraction with mentioning that quiz!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts