Emma, Little Dorrit, etc

Darn! It appears that Matthew Macfadyen has been cast as the Sheriff of Nottingham in the upcoming Robin Hood with Russell Crowe. I say darn, not because of MM who is an enchanting actor but because I really didn't want to see Robin Hood since Russell Crowe is one of my least favourite actors. Now that the cast includes Cate Blanchett, Vanessa Redgrave, Mark Strong, William Hurt and Alan Doyle (of Great Big Sea, love that group!), it looks like I might have to take in this flick after all! Perhaps I will soften my attitude towards the Crowster...
[thanks to Lights, Camera...History for this update!]

btw, have you heard Matthew reciting Sonnet 29?


New pics
for the current production of BBC's Emma
with Romola Garai & Jodhi May
can be found at Pemberley


Next week will be the last installment of Little Dorrit on PBS and if you haven't seen this video linked on here already, I'm mentioning it again since I thought it was quite funny especially after being terrified of Blandois...




Thank you to Jane at Reading, Writing, Working, Playing for recognizing me with the Lovely Blog Award. I'm truly flattered!


Britain's Got Talent: I'm assuming most people have seen Susan Boyle's video by now. (Her video has been over 12 million views in 11 days!)

Have you see Shaheen Jafargholi's auditon? I was surprised to see Simon give a standing ovation.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the lovely gift of Matthew Macfadyen reciting my FAVORITE Shakespeare sonnet.

    What a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Russell Crowe (he was fantastic in "Gladiator") but he's put on so much weight lately that he looks horrible. I cannot IMAGINE that mess playing opposite the great Cate Blanchett. =P

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts