100,000 hits

A little over a year ago, I started to dabble on Blogger and gather all my favourite period dramas in one spot. I began with the intention of summing up my faves, however it has turned into a neverending pursuit of tracking down new favourites and finding out interesting tidbits about the films I love and meeting some crazy people along the way! One of my reasons for starting Enchanted Serenity was to connect with others who share an appreciation for these films. I find it unfathomable that more of my friends don't care for period films but I'm pleased to say that I've met plenty of awesome people along the way who do!




I started meeting people at fanpop including a Viscountess with a vast amount of knowledge....




Around the same time, I discovered an Aussie who invited me to join in the insanity of "Mad" About Period Movies and Series. Soon I met the Manchester maniac and found my scope greatly widened and my sanity delightfully challenged!





I've met lovely people at LJ who have graciously shared their images and exchanged ideas.






Recently, I discovered that there is a considerable number of kindred spirits over at C19 who have a great deal to share on period movies and other topics and are more than welcoming...



I'd like to thank Jenn at Period Movie Review for allowing me to use her caps and for providing great film reviews!

And I'd like to give a shout out to Vic at
Jane Austen Today, for her encouragement and for creating a blog that is informative and fun and beats me to the punch! (Actually, she saves me the effort since more than once, I have begun to profile an upcoming movie and find she's already done it so all I need to do is provide the link!!)

My period film universe has greatly expanded with meeting so many people and at the same time, the world feels smaller by being able to connect with friends from all over the map!

Thank you to all who have been so gracious and eager to chat with me!

Looking forward to more corsets & cravats, bonnets & boots...
and a white, fluffy shirt!

~ Charleybrown



4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you can't forget the Fluffy White Shirt!

    Congratulations on the number of hits, and who are the enchanting ladies in the top picture? Makes me think of Little Women...but there are far too many of them there for the March ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I should have identified the painting, it's "The Empress Eugenie Surrounded by her Ladies in Waiting"
    by Franz Xavier Winterhalter. I just thought it was pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Charleybrown! I so enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laurel Ann!
    All I do is glean the best info from sites like yours!! I like to pass on the stuff that I find interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts