The Winslow Boy

Early 20th century England: while toasting his daughter Catherine's engagement, Arthur Winslow learns the royal naval academy expelled his 14-year-old son, Ronnie, for stealing five shillings. Father asks son if it is true; when the lad denies it, Arthur risks fortune, health, domestic peace, and Catherine's prospects to pursue justice. After defeat in the military court of appeals, Arthur and Catherine go to Sir Robert Morton, a brilliant, cool barrister and M.P., who examines Ronnie and suggests that they take the matter before Parliament to seek permission to sue the Crown. They do, which keeps Ronnie's story on the front page and keeps Catherine in Sir Robert's ken.
from Imdb

A quiet little film that drew me in...

Starring:
Nigel Hawthorne, Jeremy Northam, Rebecca Pidgeon, Gemma Jones, and Matthew Pidgeon








4 comments:

  1. Great movie. I watched it at the cinema here in Brazil. It was showing in just one place, but I went down there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a loyal fan then? I happened to come across it playing on tv and have a "fuzzy" videotape but I still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the synopsis and I'm a Dadid Mamet fan, but when I lived in Rio, I used to go anywhere for a good movie. Here, where I live now, it's really difficult... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a really good movie. I'll have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts