More pics from Young Victoria


Found some new higher resolution promo pics of a film that I hope will get noticed at the Oscars for costume design! I adore this film and the actors and of course the attention to detail on these gorgeous dresses!

Click on pics to see more detail...




































Paul Bettany as Lord Melbourne, the prime minister



Mark Strong plays John Conroy, Victoria's mother's private secretary

Rachael Stirling plays Duchess of Sutherland.
She later served as Mistress of the Robes to Queen Victoria from 1870 to 1874.



Victoria with her aunt, Queen Adelaide, played by Harriet Walter



Miranda Richardson as the Duchess of Kent, mother of Victoria





Jeanette Hain as Baroness Lehzen, governess and later companion of the queen.




Some fuzzy caps from the trailer...


return to main page of The Young Victoria

read historical background of Queen Victoria,
"The Grandmother of the European Royals"

The Young Victoria: we were amused
Telegraph article about making of the film

See more movies on British Royalty

5 comments:

  1. I was FINALLY able to see this (here in the U.S.) on Saturday in an old time theater (perfect setting). I loved it so much!!! I'm so glad I had your blog to keep me aware of it and build excitement for it. Now I just have to record the PBS airings of "Emma" at the end of the month and my life will be happy!

    Thank you! Congratulations on 500 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I'm so happy that you got to see it! I'm still waiting to show it to my sister since it hasn't reached the theatre in her town. I hope she's not disappointed after all my raving about it!
    And thanks for the congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched this movie again yesterday and I love it more and more! GREAT PICS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breinholt Family, Thanks! Oh, and I do love that movie!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts