Jane Eyre (2006) - screencaps

This is one of my new favourite period movies...


I thought Ruth Wilson and Toby Stephens embodied their roles perfectly! It captured my emotions and made me a renewed fan of Jane Eyre! I loved seeing the familiar faces of Francesca Annis, Christina Cole, Pam Ferris, and Jem from Cranford and Pet from Little Dorrit.

I thought it was a neat coincidence that Ruth plays Toby's love interest and also plays the younger self of his real-life mother (Maggie Smith) in Capturing Mary.

wallpaper on left found at rulethewaves.net

Thanks to Chel for screencaps... here


download screencaps, courtesy of angelfish here


go to page 1 of Jane Eyre








































































4 comments:

  1. May I argue? I think the best Jane Eyre adaptation starred Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke. It was incredibly close to the book with lots of original dialogue.

    Best adaptation of anything ever has to be North and South with Richard Armitage. The scene on the steps in the snow always gets me and I have to watch the ending at least three times. Bliss

    Laura Essendine
    Author – The Accidental Guru
    The Accidental Guru Blog
    The Books Limited Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard others say they liked the Timothy Dalton adaptation but I've not seen that one.

    As for North and South, it's definitely one not to miss! I was surprised by how many haven't seen it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The production values on the Dalton Jane Eyre look a bit dated now and the leads are both far too good looking but these are minor quibbles. I've just upgraded my VHS copy to a DVD

    I see from your profile that you also enjoyed Cranford and Wives & Daughters. Couldn't you just spend the entire day wallowing in period dramas?!

    Laura Essendine
    Author – The Accidental Guru
    The Accidental Guru Blog
    The Books Limited Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just finished watching this...and i loved it!i had seen a glimpse of the 83 version long time back and didn't really like it.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts