Lost in Austen - Caps and quotes (Episode 3)

screencaps courtesy of angelfish icons


Call me biased but a lot of my favourite quotes are from Hugh Bonneville/ Mr Bennett...

Mrs Bennett: Whatever do you do sir? Sleeping in the library?
Mr Bennett: What I do Madam, is collide with folly and conceit whenever I am rash enough to step outside this room, henceforth I am minded to remain here!

But the line that made me laugh out loud is when he says to her, "I shall prance the length of Lady Catherine's drawing room - Naked!"



Amanda when looking at Caroline Bingley, blurted out "Bum face!" followed by "Did I say that out loud?" When she described Bum face as a card game, Mr Collins asserted "Lady Catherine does not trifle with common games of cards." Then, cut to scene of Lady Catherine intent on her next move in the game.


I loved the way Collins talked so proudly about Tinkler and pronounced his brothers' names as if they were royalty..."Probity, Elizium, Canaan...and Tinkler!"

"Tinkler is four and twenty years of age. He is quite... stout. But Miss Lydia I'm sure would have him cavorting about the house like a fawn"!



Remember this scene, their eyes met, look of love in their eyes....















Well, this in NOT it...






































more screencaps and quotes...

back to main page of Lost in Austen

2 comments:

  1. When he was in the lake i actually squealed with excitement! He is the best Darcy ever. I like Colin Firth but he just doesn't seem arrogant enough. He's kind of boring compared to Elliot Cowan's version of Darcy. Anyways, i absolutely adored this programme.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elliot Cowan surprised me with his portrayal and I enjoyed him much more than I thought I would, however I still think Colin is the definitive Darcy. I agree with you that Lost in Austen was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts