Wicked - 2

In August 2008, I went to see this production three times.
I wouldn't call myself a "musical fanatic" but this was so much fun!!!


"My" Glinda & Elphaba
Katie Rose Clarke & Carmen Cusack


"Fiyero" / Cliffton Hall
He was awesome!

The Flying Monkeys















Interesting facts about the Chicago Production:

$250 million worth of tickets sold :

784 performances as of March 13 :

$7,000-$35,000 for each costume :

$5,000 for the green, rubber baby Elphaba :

104 crew members backstage :

2,243 seats in the Oriental Theatre :

5-7 costumes per performer :

6-7 hours to take down the stage :

16-17 semi-trailers to move the production :

400 lighting cues :

3 microphones on Elphaba, including one in her hat!

In the episode of "The Dinner Party" on The Office, Michael and Jan are arguing. Michael screams, "When I wanted to see 'Stomp' and you wanted to see 'Wicked,' what did we go see?" Jan meekly replies, "We saw 'Wicked.'"

Synopsis (with spoiler)

Script

one more look at the original Margaret Hamilton

2 comments:

  1. Hey there :), you spelled Fiyero's name wrong. But it's a very common mistake. I wasn't sure how to spell it months after I saw it! I love the section on Wicked. Then again I love almost anything Wicked. And, just saying this, but on your first page, a lot of it is out of order, unless you mean it to be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! I just saw Wicked again this past weekend for my 4th time. Had to travel out of town to catch it but it was so much fun to see it again!
    Thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake. RE: first page, you're right, I didn't intend it to be in order.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts