Maggie Smith



Dame Maggie Smith
Her long career has included nominations
for 6 Academy Awards and she's won twice:

- Best actress for The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
and Best Supporting actress for California Suite.

She's been nominated for 12 BAFTA's and won 5 times.
(marked with *)

Her filmography includes:


Downton Abbey (2010)
Nanny McPhee Returns (2010)
From Time to Time (2009)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2008)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
Becoming Jane (2007)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
Ladies in Lavender. (2004)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
My House in Umbria (2003)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
Gosford Park (2001)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
David Copperfield (1999)
All the King's Men (1999)
The Last September (1999)
Tea with Mussolini (1999)
Washington Square (1997) *
Richard III (1995)
The Secret Garden (1993)
Hook (1991)
The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne (1987) *
A Room with a View (1985) *
Evil Under the Sun (1982)
Death on the Nile (1978)
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1969) *
Much Ado About Nothing (1967)
Othello (1965)

Upcoming Films: (as of Nov.9/09)
Harry Potter Deathly Hollows, Part I (2010) and II (2011)
Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang (2010)


Judi Dench with Maggie


Tea with Mussolini

Harry Potter films

Becoming Jane

Gosford Park

Ladies in Lavender



Maggie is the mother of actor Toby Stephens (shown below) and Chris Larkin.


Here's a fanvid featuring an assortment of clips of this awesome actress!

7 comments:

  1. I've always loved Maggie Smith! She really was lovely in her younger years, but she just got better as she aged and good on her for still finding great roles. I'm so glad she's in the Harry Potter movies!

    She has the look of Bette Davis but she's more ladylike, although just as tough!
    One of the GREATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maggie Smith, one of my favorite actresses along side Judi Dench, Cat Blanchett, and Vanessa Redgrave. I had no idea that she was the mother of Toby Stephens!! He was amazing in, (my favorite version to date) Jane Eyre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shan,I was surprised also when I discovered Toby was her son! Guess having different last names didn't help to clue us in! I also adored him in Jane Eyre *sigh*

    phylly3, I haven't seen the Potter films except for one that aired on tv last week. But I do love her in anything that she's in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she also appeared in a great period drama called "My House in Umbria."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon, thanks for letting me know about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved Maggie's acting since I first saw her in the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.Her face is such a delight to watch. This video shows me there's a lot more of her out there that I haven't seen. She is awesome in Downton Abbey.
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Time Traveling in Costume
    Love her in the dramas that I've seen but I agree with you that there are many more to see!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts