Damian Lewis

Although Damian hasn't been in a multitude of period films, (he is in Colditz and Band of Brothers), his performance alone as Soames Forsyte in The Forsyte Saga, defined the series for me and made me an admirer of his talent!


Reviews of Damian in The Forsyte Saga:
Your eyes zoom straight to (Damian) Lewis...There is a smouldering power to him...He is the cornerstone of the piece...
-William Gallagher, BBC

In this unlovable man we feel the ache of a poet, a poet who has no words. The power he brings to the final minutes of this amazing series is a breakthrough of blossoming -- a masterpiece.
-Vanity Fair



The first time that I saw a photo of Damian smiling and relaxed, I was taken aback because he personifies the uptight, controlling, "love him or hate him" Soames so perfectly!
(I hated him at first but the whole film would have been nothing without him so I have to admit I was drawn to this scoundrel of a man.)

I love the picture on the right since it is the total antithesis to the character of Soames.


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts