Roots


Roots is a 1977 American television miniseries based on Alex Haley's work Roots: The Saga of an American Family, his critically acclaimed genealogical novel.

Roots was a ground-breaking event in U.S.A. television history, receiving 37 Emmy Award-nominations. It went on to win 9 Emmys, a Golden Globe, and a Peabody Award.

I remember watching this series transfixed, and everyone in my neighbourhood was watching it too - (the first major mini-series that I ever recalled) We would stand by the fence and chat about what we had seen the night before. I know I had my eyes opened to the horrors of slavery and what African-Americans went through over the years.

...read more at Wikipedia

>>IMDB

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts