The Dreamer of Oz

This 1990 TV movie may be harder to find but it is worth it especially if you're a fan of the 1939 classic.

The Dreamer of Oz: The L. Frank Baum Story is a film that stars John Ritter as Lyman Frank Baum, the man who wrote The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and eighteen of the other Oz books.



Also starring in this TV movie was Annette O'Toole as Baum's supportive wife Maud, and Rue McClanahan who played Baum's tough mother-in-law, Matilda Gage.

The film depicts how L. Frank Baum came to create one of the best loved stories of all time, while undergoing professional and personal failures.
IMDb link

I just noticed that they've released a special edition of Wizard of Oz that comes with The Dreamer of Oz tv movie...



6 comments:

  1. man, I wanna find this movie bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luna!
    Not sure if this is a good site but found this link:
    http://stores.boxofficevideoelite.com/-strse-140/Dreamer-of-Oz%2C-The/Detail.bok

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found another link on Amazon for a DVD that includes the "Dreamer of Oz"! See link above in the post. I'm interested in getting in too since I currently have it only on VHS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very interesting, I'm always interested in biographical films, this one looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie, although it's not a serious biopic, it's a sentimental favourite! I don't know why it hasn't had wider release. I'm looking to buy the 70th anniversary DVD but not all of the editions have the tv movie on them I've discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found it on Youtube if you haven't seen it yet!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srCpz_1GZt0

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts