Anne of Green Gables


At the turn of the century on Prince Edward Island, Matthew Cuthbert and his sister Marilla decide to take on an orphan boy as help for their farm. But they get an unexpected jolt when they're mistakenly sent a girl instead: Anne Shirley. Anne's a dreamer with an unusual point of view, far removed from Marilla's pragmatic ways, and it's only on trial that Marilla agrees to keep Anne...if Anne can keep out of trouble, only Anne has a positive genius for it. As Anne falls into a series of scrapes (and off a roof), makes a bosom friend, searches (and finds) several kindred spirits, Matthew and Marilla discover that their lives have become a great deal richer, now that Anne is at Green Gables. (Written by Kathy Li IMDB)



Anne : Don't you ever imagine things differently from what they are?
Marilla : No.
Anne : Oh Marilla, how much you miss.


"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"










Oh, no. This is the Lake of Shining Waters. That's its rightful name. Do things like this ever give you a thrill, Mr. Cuthbert?













"I've always dreamed of having a "bosom" friend...a true kindred spirit"


Anne : Wilt thou give me a lock of thy jet-black tresses?
Diana : But I don't have any black dresses.
Anne : Your hair.
Diana : All right.








"There's a world of difference between being called crow-head and being called carrots. I shall never forgive Gilbert Blythe. The iron has entered my soul, Diana. My mind is made up; my red hair is a curse."










GILBERT: Well, I hope you keep on dreaming. It will be three years before I finish medical school, and even then, there won't be any diamond sunbursts or marble halls.

ANNE: I don't want any sunbursts or marble halls. I just want you.









Recommended Links


Anne of Green Gables fansite
awesome fansite with script, photos and lots of info

Prince Edward Island: Virtual Green Gables
explore each of the rooms in a virtual tour...cool!

Sullivan Entertainment Official Site

Eras of Elegance

IMDB Link

Wikipedia Link

Screencaps
found at Long Ago Captures

Wallpapers




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts