The Forsyte Saga

The Forsyte Saga is John Galsworthy's monumental chronicle of the lives of the moneyed Forsytes, a family whose values are constantly at war with its passions. The story of Soames Forsyte's marriage to the beautiful and rebellious Irene, and its effects upon the whole Forsyte clan, The Forsyte Saga is a brilliant social satire of the acquisitive sensibilities of a comfort-bound class in its final glory. Galsworthy spares none of his characters, revealing their weaknesses and shortcomings as clearly as he does the tenacity and perseverance that define the strongest members of the Forsyte family. (Amazon.com review)





6 comments:

  1. I liked this series, but I prefer the one from the 1960s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi....I can never miss an opportunity to say how much I enjoyed this wonderfully done series which I was SO fortunate to see whilst on a visit to Britain from Africa. I can also never miss an opportunity to say how devastated I was to learn that Gina McKee was not to play Virginia in The Hours! Wouldn't she have been just PERFECT! Thank you for a truly tremendous site....I enjoy it so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish! I never knew that Gina was up for that part. I could imagine her in that role! I really enjoyed Forsyte as well, surprised that more people haven't discovered it! Glad you enjoy the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOBY!!! Okay, I'm convinced. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. No! NOT Toby! "Band of Brothers" guy . . . Damian Lewis. What a dufus I am.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts